Author Topic: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough  (Read 373129 times)

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: Self-enquiry as taught by Sri Bhagwan is enough
« Reply #3195 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
Dear Devotees,

Share ideas? Share visions? Whose ideas? Whose visions? Ego’s?

Well, I do not think any one of us here is to share someone’s ideas and visions, or to dwell on someone’s baggage who has a personal agenda to grind, but to understand, assimilate and follow Guru’s Teaching and Percepts, and do away with doubts by holding the doubter himself, and thus make progress on the Path. Isn’t it? We would do well to remember that Sri Bhagwan taught that progress on the Direct Path can be measured by the degree of removal of thoughts.

As long as these ignorant ideas, concepts and thoughts remain, creating compulsion to engage in myriad unnecessary arguments, cannot be helpful to others and to oneself.  Besides, advising others to eschew sadhana and instead engage in the study of Scriptures, will, in my view, only add to the confusion and doubt. All ideas, concepts, experiences and thoughts, after all, pertain to the ego, the individuality. I do not think that there is anyone here who is not aware of this truth. And ego is synonymous with ignorance, nay, the ego is the root of all ignorance, ignorance itself . So, Sri Bhagwan taught to hold the thinker himself and put it to unfailing razor-like searchlight of Enquiry and Quest, rather than arguing and disputing ad nauseam someone’s thoughts, ideas and concepts. 

Dear devotees, the true purpose of all philosophy is only to turn us inward and not to keep on grazing thoughts and concepts and corresponding objects outside. WHEN THE CRUX OF THE PROBLEM LIES IN “KNOW THYSELF” AND TRUE “THYSELF” ABIDES WITHIN THE FIVE SHEATHS, WHY THIS EXTRAORDINARY EMPHASIS IN THIS FORUM TO READ BOOKS WITHOUT END AND NOT ON SADHANA, AS TAUGHT BY THE GURU? Therefore, in my view, search of Reality through thoughts, ideas, visions and concept is futile.

Sri Bhagwan : Search for unreality is fruitless. Therefore, seek the Reality, i.e., the Self. That is the way to rule over the mind. There is only one thing Real!

Therefore, dear devotees, practice to be still with the remembrance of the feeling ‘I’, or clinging steadfastly to the feeling ‘I’ uninterruptedly till the very end, that is, the Self-attention, is the only right thing to do, and is the Master-key to enter the Realm of Eternity and Perennial Bliss and Love.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:24 PM »
Dear Anil,

Yes. Search for the Self within, is beyond mind, thoughts, ego and buddhi only helps to some extent.

Sri Bhagavan has also said: All Paths lead to Self Inquiry. Bhakti leads to surrender of ego, karma leads nishkamya karma,
and yoga leads to unification with Kundalini which is another name for Self -- said Sri Bhagavan.

To reach Tiruvannamalai, there are several paths. All paths lead to Tiruvannamalai.

Arunachala Siva.   

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: March 17, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »
Dear Devotees,

I have not posted anything in this thread and in any other thread because at present I am out of station, engaged in works of emergency nature.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan taught that the Self-realisation is one continuous Universal Light, that is, all-pervading Consciousness, and nothing else. When we see the world with the small light called mind, that is, objectified consciousness, THEN ONLY we find it full of different colours. But if we see it with the light of million suns, that is, the Self, we find that it is one continuous Universal Light and nothing else.CAN DIFFERENCES BE DISCERNED IN BLAZING LIGHT OF MILLION SUNS? Then we find that the Reality is all-pervading Unitary Consciousness and that is the Self-Consciousness. We must always remember that the SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS IS THE ONLY CONSCIOUSNESS.

Dear devotees, Sri Bhagwan taught that the ‘I AM’ is the Name of God. Pure Mind is Ishvara or God. Therefore, the first and foremost task on the Path of Enquiry is to develop insight and understanding to be able to recognise the Sense or Knowledge ‘I AM’. And to recognise ‘I AM’, there can be nothing better and more infallible than the ‘Who am I?’ Quest. This is the greatness of the Quest.  Once we have the insight and understanding pertaining to the Sense or Knowledge ‘I AM’, all we have to do is to hold on to, cling to and abide in the ‘I AM’,  and keep constantly meditating on It and reverting back to It in case we are swerved.

Dear Devotees, Sri Bhagwan has taught that this abidance obliterates or destroys past impressions and makes the mind pure and thus paves the way for unassailable and clear understanding, insight and recognition. If this certitude and conviction happens by Enquiry and we have understood ‘I AM’ correctly and without any ambiguity, we begin to experience Love and Bliss of the Self though this experience is in trickles initially. We begin to experience and understand what a thought-free state is all about. We begin to Love the Self or the ‘I AM’ and thus we reach a State when we do not want to leave this experience. State of effortlessness is reached. A Great Mysterious Power arises from within and takes one to the Core of one’s Existence, destroys the individuality, that is, the small light or the mind consciousness, and what remains is merely one Universal Light, that is, the Self-consciousness. THAT IS THE STATE BEYOND EFFORT AND EFFORTLESSNESS. SRI BHAGWAN SPEAKS OF. THAT IS SELF-REALISATION.

Thanks very much.
Pranam,
  Anil

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35:10 PM »
Dear anil,

Yes. But for the Self (consciousness) we cannot exist.  In all three states of waking, dreaming and deep sleep, Consciousness
is within us. But the true nature of Consciousness is REALIZED only after thorough self inquiry. Once this is realized, the person
transcends the states of waking and dreaming and seeping and he is said to be in a state of wakeful sleep.

Someone ignorantly asked Sri Bhagavan: Should one need a sixth sense to realize the Self.  Bhagavan laughed and said, 'Even if you
get ten senses, you cannot realize your true nature, that is Self Realization either by self inquiry or self surrender.'

Arunachala Siva.