Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Comments  (Read 22503 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Comments
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Yes. Sastrigal Mama left the profession of an astrologer and came to Tiruvannamalai.  I am not sure whether he is the same
one who worked as a Priest in Mother's Temple.

Arunachala Siva.

Tushnim.Asanam

• View Profile
    • Self Abidance
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
Dear Subramanian ji & Friends,
           :) Reg. story of  Brunton , did bhagavan speak anytime later? What was wrong with taking notes of Bhagavan's teachings? Anyways Bhagavan alone is the teacher, whatever be the mode he conveys to people ?
I felt it was not right on the sarvadhikari's part to have confronted Paul Brunton that way. More importantly its Strange that Ramana did not speak a word -- he could have said something or the else !
Harih OM!
http://www.selfabidance.blogspot.in/

Tushnim.Asanam

• View Profile
    • Self Abidance
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
but then Bhagavan would probably give the same reply he gave to his mother :)
Harih OM!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »
Dear Tusnim,

Sri Bhagavan in fact, had no say interference in the matter. What happened was after first meeting Paul Brunton wrote
A Search in Secret India. This was welcomed by all since the book contained an introduction for Westerners to know about
Sri Bhagavan and also come and have darshan of Him. However, later Brunton wrote some more books where he had given
the ideas/teachings of Sri Bhagavan as his own and started spreading the news in the West. This angered everyone including
Sarvadhikari for this was a blatant plagiarism and so Sarvadhikari asked him not to take notes and leave the Asramam. Sri
Bhagavan kept quiet in all these incidents.

Arunachala Siva.

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
Sri Venkateswara Sarma, fondly known as Sastrigal Mama in Sri Ramanasramam - during Sri Bhagavan's lifetime he was called Adi Annamalai Sastrigal - was an exceptional and astounding astrologer. From childhood he exhibited a rare genius in this field. While still very young, his extraordinary intelligence enabled him to master the most abstruse and difficult branch of astrology. All, including his guru, declared him as the wisest student.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Mind melting story of Balarama Reddy. In fact most of the mature sadhakas had expressed such statements just before their
merger with Sri Bhagavan. Two days before Easter, Major Chadwick said: Today is Easter for me!, though attendants said that
Easter is coming in another two days. He repeated: No, for me Easter is to day and he merged with Sri Bhagavan within hours.

Some of these incidents are mentioned by Sri V. Ganesan in his Moments Remembered.

Arunachala Siva.

Tushnim.Asanam

• View Profile
    • Self Abidance
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »
Dear Subramanian ji,
       :) Humm!
Harih OM!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Rangan was astonished about Sri Bhagavan's indifference to body consciousness. Once he touched Sri Bhagavan's feet.
It was soft like cotton. Rangan asked: When we played football in Tiruchuzhi, your legs will be iron pillars. What happened
now? Sri Bhagavan answered: Ranga! That body and mind are gone! It is a new body!

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2012, 02:57:39 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Annamalai Swami living in Palakottu:

Yes. This is total surrender. He treated Sri Bhagavan's approval as final. No going back! He did not even attend the Mahasamadhi
ceremonies of Sri Bhagavan!

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55:10 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Nice story on Raja Iyer and pal payasam. Sri Bhagavan always resisted extra or larger serving to Him on any dishes. He
once told Sampurnammal about butter milk also. He once told some serving devotee: Just because you serve me more,
do you think that you will get moksha?

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan's love and care for animals was something very rare. He conferred mukti to Cow Lakshmi, Jackie the dog
and even to a crow and a deer. Once in order to prevent a dog biting a squirrel, He threw His stick so that squirrel will escape.
In the process He broke His collar bone!

Arunachala Siva.       

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2012, 07:54:00 PM »
Great point, Subramanian sir. Though I try not to understand Bhagawan by intellect, it does pop up. And each time it pops up, it utterly fails in its attempt to understand Bhagawan. Boundless ocean HE IS. How mean and silly my ego and intellect still thinking and popping up once a while trying to "understand Bhagwan" intellectually. I just pray I get the grace at least to try and stop the once-a-while struggle of ego and intellect to understand and measure HIM. So mean of me.... I hope Bhagawan will forgive my little intellect for trying to measure him at least once a while.

Sanjay (Sincerely from my heart - a feeling that I always have and wanted to express)
Salutations to Bhagawan

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2012, 07:12:55 AM »
Dear Balaji,

Nice story on Raja Iyer and pal payasam. Sri Bhagavan always resisted extra or larger serving to Him on any dishes. He
once told Sampurnammal about butter milk also. He once told some serving devotee: Just because you serve me more,
do you think that you will get moksha?

Arunachala Siva.

HA ha ha, that was a nice one Sir. Hmm. Well may be I too would have done that ::), had I been there.Its human tendency right, somehow win his grace/attention, not sure how to put it, we want to fathom everything and expect everything to fit into our brain.But Bhagvan is beyond our comprehension, we can only look at him with AWE.

All the while I was thinking that Bhagvan was bit soft to Suri Nagamma when compared to other devotees, but recently read a letter from her book, where Bhagvan shouts at her. The story is cashew gets over in the ashram which is used to feed squirrels.Having noticed it Nagamma sends someone to the town and gets it and instead of giving directly to Bhagvan, she secretly gives it in the kitchen and this irritates Bhagvan so much that he admonishes her in a very stern voice.When I read it, somehow I felt how seriously Bhagavan got irritated. He says "You think you can hide things from me. Have you forgot why you have come here ...".

Bhagvan spares no one, if someone behaves this way

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:15:01 AM by swayam »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 15, 2012, 07:16:49 AM »
at the same time, during the virupakshi days, when he had finished his lunch, some people arrived to have his darshan came with food, Bhagavan would eat it, even though his stomach was already full. The compassion of Guru is unparalleled!

मनश्चेन्न लग्नं गुरोरंघ्रिपद्मे ततः किं ततः किं ततः किं ततः किम् ।।

Manaschenna lagnam Gurorangri padme, Thatha kim Thathah Kim, Thathah kim Thathah kim

If the mind does not remain at the Lotus feet of Guru, What is the use? What is the use? What is the use!!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2012, 12:36:55 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Ramanatha Brahmachari was a pet of Mother Azhagammal. He had studied in Temple Vedapatasala and as a brahmin,
Mother Azhgammal used to have the 'madi' (brahminical purity) works to be done by him. She used to ask him to clean
up the kal chatti, wash the clothes, bring water for cooking etc.,

Even after Mother's Kaivalyam, Ramanatha Brahmachari used to offer his services to Sri Bhagavan and also to the devotees
who were staying Palakottu. He was a true Gandhian and in spite of very poor eye sight and thick glasses, he used to
spin yarn on the charka.

Arunachala Siva.