Author Topic: Our Bhagavan-Comments  (Read 22499 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Our Bhagavan-Comments
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Nice episode. Sri Bhagavan has conferred such visions to many ardent devotees. But at the same time, He has said:
Visions are not permanent.   He said: Whether Ganga will ever cry I am thirsty! So also a devotee will only seek realization
and not visions. Visions are one step inferior to Realization.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
Dear Balaji,

About Devaraja Mudaliar talking about destiny even on small matters:

Sri Bhagavan says  a Tayumanavar verse there, you have said. I checked up the book. Sri Bhagavan has mentioned only
AvananRi asaiAthu - Nothing move with out His Will.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Sri Bhagavan was an ocean of compassion. All living beings He loved and was considerate. In another incident, when He was away
for stroll, the attendant sprayed  DDT to kill the bugs which, He thought were creating problem. Though in this case He did not chide
the attendant, He also didn't like his act.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »
Dear Balaji,

We say Jesus was an ocean of compassion. He had said: If someone slapped your cheek, show the other cheek also.
But here in the recent history, Sri Bhagavan showed that He was an ocean of compassion. He refused to expose thieves
two times in His life.

Arunachala Siva.   

prasanth_ramana_maharshi

• ఓం నమో భగవతే శ్రీ రమణాయ
    • View Profile
    • HARE RAMA HARE KRISHNA
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
yes agree with subramaian garu.

In the mordern yuga sri bhagavan has great clarity and has a ocean of compassion.

ఓం  నమో  భగవతే  శ్రీ  రమణాయ   
ప్రశాంత్  జలసూత్రం
ప్రేమే శాశ్వతము

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Yes. Like the villager we must be fortunate. We should not get drowned in the ocean of this madmen. We should escape desire
that is like a mad elephant. We should escape the great ocean called knowledge. We should escape the danger called wealth.
We should also escape the great poison called miserliness.

பித்த உலகர் பெரும் துறைப் பரப்பினுள்
மத்தம் களிறு எனும் அவாவிடைப் பிழைத்தும்
கல்வி என்னும் பல்கடல் பிழைத்தும்
செல்வம் என்னும் அல்லலில் பிழைத்தும்
நல்குரவு என்னும் தொல்விடம் பிழைத்தும் 40

Manikkavachagar says this in Tiruvachakam.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 04, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »
Dear Balaji,

Colombo Ramachandra Rao has composed one TiruthAndgam on Sri Bhagavan. ThAndagam, means 'obeisance to' or 'paying
namaskarams.'

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2012, 05:43:36 PM »
Dear Balaji,

This Rangaswami Iyengar later went to Kumbakonam  and attained Samadhi after brief illness.

Arunachala Siva,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 05, 2012, 06:37:04 AM »
Friends,
Time and again there will be endless discussion on how to choose a Guru(?)This is a favourite topic because it gives one scope to show off one's astuteness,learning,discrimination,wisdom,maturity! :)

For the genuine seeker,this is very simple and elementary-As Sri Bhagavan so wonderfully says:"yadbhavam tadbhavathi (‘as you conceive
you become’) What we are, so is the world. There is a big garden. When a cuckoo comes to the garden it will search the mango tree for fruit while the crow will only search the neem tree. The bee searches for flowers to gather honey, while the flies search for the faeces".

A Genuine seeker is quietly confident that it is humility,earnestness and openness that will draw the Grace of the Guru;it is then that the Guru will draw the Disciple to him.The Disciple will know clearly that it is the Guru who chooses the Disciple and not the other way round.

All earnest aspirants will do well to go through the Post on 'Guru Swarupam' in Our Bhagavan-Stories.

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 05, 2012, 09:07:24 AM »
Dear Ravi,

Regarding the 'all knowing' youth who came....

People come to a Guru with a variety of reasons. One is to 'test' the guru's extent of knowledge. He does not know that
knowledge alone confers Self Realization. Such a one goes back saying that the guru does not know much. Once someone
asked Sri Ramakrishna: Have you studied Panchadasi? Sri Ramakrishna replied: I have not read all those things. I know only
my Mother.

The second category person wants to show off his knowledge. He does not test the guru. But he just wants to exhibit his
tremendous knowledge in scriptures. He does not know silence is the greatest virtue. Once some Pandit came to Sri Bhagavan.
In the Old Hall he was going on quoting from scripture after scripture. The other devotees grew restless. But Sri Bhagavan continued to
remain silent allowing the Pandit to speak. I think he spoke like this for about 10 days. On the 11th day, he came but kept silent
and sat in one corner. No more scriptures, no more talks. Sri Bhagavan then told the devotees: Pandit has also become one like
us. Silence; Absolute silence.

The third category though knowing something wants to listen to the guru and remain  silent enjoying the presence of guru.
This man is like a blotting paper. He just wants to absorb the golden words of guru and also his Grace. He is the one most benefited.
Kal pol mounam - says Sri Bhagavan in AAMM. Silent like a stone. But the stone blooms soon.

Arunachala Siva.             

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2012, 09:14:20 AM »
Dear Ravi,

This Chinmayananda (Bhaskara Menon?) said later: 'Whatever I had learnt in Uttarakasi for six years, had already been
conferred to me by Sri Ramana, by His gaze upon me for 15 minutes long time ago.'

Arunachala Siva. 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2012, 09:38:31 AM »
Subramanian,
The Chinmayananda in what I have posted is not the same as the other Swami Chinamayananda who established Chinmaya Mission.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »
Subramanian,

Once someone asked Sri Ramakrishna: Have you studied Panchadasi? Sri Ramakrishna replied: "I have not read all those things. I know only
my Mother"

Here is the conversation as recorded in The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

Study of scriptures for the beginner

A BRAHMO: "Sir, have you read the Panchadasi?"

MASTER: "At first one should hear books like that and indulge in reasoning. But later on-
Cherish my precious Mother Syama
Tenderly within, O mind;
May you and I alone behold Her,
Letting no one else intrude

"One should hear the scriptures during the early stages of spiritual discipline. After
attaining God there is no lack of knowledge. Then the Divine Mother supplies it without
fail.

"A child spells out every word as he writes, but later on he writes fluently".

"The goldsmith is up and doing while melting gold. As long as the gold hasn't melted, he
works the bellows with one hand, moves the fan with the other, and blows through a pipe
with his mouth. But the moment the gold melts and is poured into the mould, he is relieved
of all anxiety.

"Mere reading of the scriptures is not enough. A person cannot understand the true
significance of the scriptures if he is attached to the world. Though with intense delight I
learnt many poems and dramas, I have forgotten them all, entrapped in Krishna's love".

Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2012, 09:12:14 AM »
dear Ravi,

Nice to read the full details., (Sri Ramakrishna)

Regarding myrobalans, grapes etc., these can be called 'miracles' in some way. But Sri Bhagavan never owned up any miracles.
He used to say: It is all Arunachala's miracles.

Arunachala Siva. 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »
Subramanian,
Regarding the Mirobalams,etc-it is to emphasise two things-1.If one is without wants,all his needs will be met by providence and 2. the significance  of  simplicity and purity of mind-this is required in us to resonate with the Guru.This is the sum and substance of that wonderful post.
A devotee is not fascinated with miracles-they only serve to  foment the Ego-that a special treatment has been vouchsafed to oneself.
Namaskar.