Author Topic: Fundamental question about Mind!  (Read 195594 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Fundamental question about Mind!
« Reply #1755 on: March 18, 2013, 06:23:25 AM »
Friends,

The wise Teacher will not seek to impose himself or his opinions on the passive acceptance of the receptive mind; he will throw in only what is productive and sure as a seed which will grow under the divine fostering within. He will seek to awaken much more than to instruct; he will aim at the growth of the faculties and the experiences by a natural process and free expansion. He will give a method as an aid, as a utilisable device, not as an imperative formula or a fixed routine. And he will be on his guard against any turning of the means into a limitation, against the mechanising of process. His whole business is to awaken the divine light and set working the divine force of which he himself is only a means and an aid, a body or a channel.

The example is more powerful than the instruction; but it is not the example of the outward acts nor that of the personal character, which is of most importance. These have their place and their utility; but what will most stimulate aspiration in others is the central fact of the divine realisation within him governing his whole life and inner state and all his activities. This is the universal and essential element; the rest belongs to individual person and circumstance. It is this dynamic realisation that the Sadhaka must feel and reproduce in himself according to his own nature; he need not strive after an imitation from outside which may well be sterilising rather than productive of right and natural fruits.

Influence is more important than example. Influence is not the outward authority of the Teacher over his disciple, but the power of his contact, of his presence, of the nearness of his soul to the soul of another, infusing into it, even though in silence, that which he himself is and possesses. This is the supreme sign of the Master. For the greatest Master is much less a Teacher than a Presence pouring the divine consciousness and its constituting light and power and purity and bliss into all who are receptive around him;And it shall also be a sign of the teacher of the integral Yoga that he does not arrogate to himself Guruhood in a humanly vain and self-exalting spirit. His work, if he has one, is a trust from above, he himself a channel, a vessel or a representative. He is a man helping his brothers, a child leading children, a Light kindling other lights, an awakened Soul awakening souls, at highest a Power or Presence of the Divine calling to him other powers of the Divine.

Excerpt from Sri Aurobindo's Synthesis of Yoga.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
Thank you, Sri Ravi! It is true!
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
"Asking good questions is half of learning." (The Prophet Muhammad)

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 18, 2013, 07:00:05 PM »
"The sun never says to the earth: "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky." (The Poet Hafiz)

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 18, 2013, 07:20:58 PM »
"I searched for God and found only myself. I searched for myself and found only God". (Sufi proverb)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 18, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »
It is the hand that lifts, but you say "I lift". The eyes see but you say, "I see". The nose smells, but you say, "I smell". All this is the power of the Self and yet you say, "I did it". That power belongs to God. Who is this ego arrogating 'I'? He has no place in the palace, but once admitted inside, he overrules the king and affirms his own existence. But after some enquiry, this ego's existence is easily disproved. Then the king once again affirms, "I am Reality." There is one thing about this condition – there is bliss. If there are two, then there is pain. Where there is One, there is bliss.
Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj
Love

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 18, 2013, 07:44:52 PM »
The worldly illusion [samsara] is a dream within a dream. Having understood this, indeed you have thought of what is the real Truth and what is not. The One who is never born went off to sleep. He has no old age. He is one who has no death. How is it that a dream was seen during a dream? That is, "he slept and dreamt" means He is deluded. "He slept" means he has become ignorant and thinks "I am the body, I am so and so."

Sri Siddharameshwar Maharaj
Love

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 18, 2013, 07:50:29 PM »
Thank you, Jewell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Tushnim.Asanam

• View Profile
    • Self Abidance
« Reply #1763 on: March 19, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
Dear Hari,
      Its really sad that someone commits suicide for such reasons.
But why should this be brought in here ? I have not spoken anything against homosexuality ... nor have I said anything for it ... all I said is that I am not interested in discussing it here.

I understand that you feel bad about what happened to your friend ... the problem lies with what ? Please investigate and correct what needs correction. And let others also know whats incorrect.

Vedanta is not to make another person "Feel" low about himself ... coz the whole vedantic teaching starts with "You are the Whole" and not a "hole"! So this is what is a teaching. Thats why I have been saying ... the teachings of saints, sages should not be used to prove to ourselves or others that we are "unfulfilled" , "bound" , "weak" etc.
the whole purpose of vedanta is to correct this error. and in correcting this error ... one should have a stern stand ... not a meek one.
Harih OM!
http://www.selfabidance.blogspot.in/

Tushnim.Asanam

• View Profile
    • Self Abidance
« Reply #1764 on: March 19, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
The wise Teacher will not seek to impose himself or his opinions on the passive acceptance of the receptive mind; he will throw in only what is productive and sure as a seed which will grow under the divine fostering within. He will seek to awaken much more than to instruct; he will aim at the growth of the faculties and the experiences by a natural process and free expansion

If a wise teacher need not be told what he is supposed to do.
He does what he has to do and need not "comply" to our Ravi ji's laws.
Harih OM!

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 19, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »
Today, at this moment is the inauguration of the new Pope Francis. I hope he to be the new beginning, the symbol of unification of the christian world and all world religions.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 19, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »
Dear Hari,
      Its really sad that someone commits suicide for such reasons.
But why should this be brought in here ? I have not spoken anything against homosexuality ... nor have I said anything for it ... all I said is that I am not interested in discussing it here.

I understand that you feel bad about what happened to your friend ... the problem lies with what ? Please investigate and correct what needs correction. And let others also know whats incorrect.

Vedanta is not to make another person "Feel" low about himself ... coz the whole vedantic teaching starts with "You are the Whole" and not a "hole"! So this is what is a teaching. Thats why I have been saying ... the teachings of saints, sages should not be used to prove to ourselves or others that we are "unfulfilled" , "bound" , "weak" etc.
the whole purpose of vedanta is to correct this error. and in correcting this error ... one should have a stern stand ... not a meek one.

What you do and what you don't has its own effect. Before anyone begin with Vedanta he/she first must find some balance and peace in him/herself. I think that "I have not spoken anything against homosexuality ... nor have I said anything for it ... all I said is that I am not interested in discussing it here." just means "I don't accept (even hate it) but I will be quiet because if I say what I think I will be the bad guy". I think that before we talk about Vedanta, Self and so on we must first learn to be good people and to help everyone we can - with words or deeds. What we don't want to talk about is what we don't like or accept. I think it is clear to everyone.

Dear Udai, I don't judge you. What you do we all do. It is not about homosexuality here. We internally don't accept idolaters, drunkards, prostitutes, some even hates europeans and so on. And when we don't accept them, we are against them actively or passively. My neighbor was prostitute. Her life was the most miserable. But a man appeared. He knew she was prostitute but he said to me: "I know what she is. But she can be different". And he was right. He believed in her. Now they are happy and strong family. If he didn't help her she would be the same even now. If he kept quiet like "I don't want to comment such people or to have anything in common with them" or if he was against her, she would lead the same miserable life. It was the same with my friend. We have accepted him as he was and this gave us the opportunity to realize the beauty of his soul. We realize that he was not like 'male prostitute' who sleeps with every man as we consider the homosexuals do, but he wanted to be happy like every other man but in different manner - to have boyfriend, to have job, to adopt child, to live together withi his boyfriend to their life's end and so on. I hope you understand what I mean. The topic here is not homosexuality, I just pointed on it because of my friend. It is about our hypocrisy about our acceptance. We don't accept anything which is 'outside' our inherent vasanas/desires.

We cannot drown in the realm of Vedanta if we don't resolve our inner conflicts before that. We need peaceful, pure mind to do that. You can argue with me how many you want, you may quote millions scriptures, to speak how many beautiful words you want but now spiritual practice is possible without peace of mind. So without helping a man to resolve his/her own inner problems and it is useless to teach and talked to him/her about Vedanta.

Tushnim.Asanam

• View Profile
    • Self Abidance
« Reply #1767 on: March 19, 2013, 04:40:41 PM »
Dear Hari,

I think that "I have not spoken anything against homosexuality ... nor have I said anything for it ... all I said is that I am not interested in discussing it here." just means "I don't accept (even hate it) but I will be quiet because if I say what I think I will be the bad guy"

What kind of an analysis is this ?
:) Please balance your mind and see if this has any analysis or reasoning behind it !

Harih OM!

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 11, 2014, 12:07:45 AM »
"The foundation sadhana is established in the context of the body. If you do not deal with the karmas signaled by the body, sadhana is fruitless. Sadhana is not the interiorizing of attention. It is the transcendence of self-contraction. It is not a matter of going inward. It is a matter of purifying the karmas of your conditional existence. To do sadhana, therefore, you must handle the business of your life. By that I do not mean that you should indulge in all kinds of fanciful cravings or motivations toward self-fulfillment or the "good life". I mean that you must take this physical vehicle, this physically manifested body-mind, and put it to school, command it to do the sadhana of devotion, service, and self-discipline." [Adi Da Samraj]

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 11, 2014, 01:38:40 AM »
A friend of mine told me today something which I liked very much. He told me and our common friends who were there: "Life is beautiful not because I am in it (in bulgarian 'nEGO') but because I am stronger than my own EGO".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:56:52 AM by Hari »