Author Topic: Fundamental question about Mind!  (Read 195599 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Fundamental question about Mind!
« Reply #375 on: May 28, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
udai,
You were saying that you were writing as part of 'Sadhana',and now you are saying as if it is a hobby.
The words of the Great ones are not like this.
For every thought or idea that we are addressing here-two or three more questions spring forth!We can see how the mind is spreading out and is playing this game! :)
Unless the mind moves in the other direction,and learns to be silent there is no possibility of realization of the self.
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #376 on: May 28, 2012, 04:41:26 PM »
Dear Ravi,
       :) Instead of answering the point ... u r talking about "my writings"
yet :)

i never said its a mere hobby. its sadhana ... though its not to say that there is something more for me to know.
walking, talking, writing ...everything is a part of sadhana ... its reveling as Self. Abidance ... its called Anubhavam... being Self !

u clearly did not understand that !! :) ... but why this interest in my state ?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 28, 2012, 04:52:39 PM »
Dear srkudai,

You say that the problem is "the idea that all is real."

Now let us see. Does the world come and tell you that I am real?
                          Does the body come and tell you that I am real?
                          Does the mind come and tell you that I am real?

Neither the world, nor the body, nor the mind say that they are all real. It is I who consider them as real.

How does this idea that these world, mind and body are real come? Because of my thoughts, and the first thought as Sri
Bhagavan said is I-thought. I thought is ego. It is the ego that considers the world as real (though the world disappears
in sleep); It is the ego that considers the body as real (body is not felt during deep sleep); It is the ego that considers
the mind as real; Mind is also not there in deep sleep. It is fully active in wakeful state, partially active in dream state
and quietly lies with the Self within in the deep sleep state.

So the question that the idea that all is real stems from I-thought. Ego. That is why Sri Bhagavan Annamalai Swami have said:

If the ego is killed, then there is Realization.

How does a realized Jnani look at things?

Annamalai Swami says in Final Talks page 87:

If you abide as the Self you will see the world as the Self. In fact, there will be no world at all. No world, No Maya, No mind; No distinctions of any kind. It is like the state of seeing only wood in the carved elephant (Tirumular's verse), only threads of dyed
cloth. In that state of being and knowing the Self, ideas of right and wrong, things to do, and things to avoid doing, will vanish.
You will know that they were only mental concepts. In that state you will know that THE MIND IS THE SELF, bondage is the Self,
everything is the Self. With that vision nothing will bind you. Nothing will cause you misery.

The Self may appear as manifest world, as different separate objects, but the underlying Reality, the only Real Substance is
the Self, in which all are appearing and disappearing. Things and people may appear in this Substratum, and you may use them
or interact with them, but your peace will never be disturbed.

When you abide as the Self, there is no one left to choose and decide. Life goes on automatically. .......This perspective will be
yours when you give up or cease to believe the idea, 'I am different from the world.' Giving up this THOUGHT IS A GREAT SADHANA
IN ITSELF. Abandoning the false idea will be enough to give you Peace.

When the thought is there, the world seems to be full of good and bad people. .....When the thought is absent you know them all
to be your own Self.

When there is the knowledge that mind and Self are one, there will be no fights, no struggles, and no attempts to judge and attain.
To have this harmony PLACE THE MIND IN THE SELF AND KEEP IT THERE. This is real meditation.......However until you reach that state...
....avoid bad company and bad thoughts, and try to keep the conviction that nothing is separate from you.

Baby mind is good, Jnani mind is good. 'I am the body' mind is very very bad,

page 95 ibid:

Grace is always present, always available, but for it to be effective, one must be in a state to receive it and make full use of it.
If you want to take a full cup of water from a lake, you have to fully immerse the cup first. If you want to fill your mind with grace,
submerge it fully in the Self. In that place, grace will manifest in you as peace and happiness.

Arunachala Siva.               

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 28, 2012, 04:56:49 PM »
udai,
"but why this interest in my state "
No,certainly I am not interested in your state,whatever that be!It is by way of explaining why we stick to the words of the Great ones that I have to bring forth  the casual way we use to express ourselves.
It is better to use them rather than try to invent our own and mislead others.
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #379 on: May 28, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »
:) u have just interpreted some people as greats and then what ever they say ... u pick it!
thats all.
ultimately u have to convert it into ur own anubhavam. not keep pasting their statements.
ur anubhavam alone matters ... now how many saints u keep pasting here. what if they were all wrong ? :D ?

srkudai

« Reply #380 on: May 28, 2012, 05:11:41 PM »
Dear Subramanian,
        :) thats all fine.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
udai,
"ur anubhavam alone matters"
For whom?Not for others!

srkudai

« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »
:)
if u have seen moon ... u can aid others see it also.
otherwise ppl will keep saying moon is between two branches of a tree ! and no one sees.
neither the one saying nor the other who is following.

Ramakrishna said something ... he said "see through those branches what u see is moon"
and from that day ppl are always seeing between branches. Ramakrishna saw it. he could have
said it different way or the same way.
but others who keep repeating ... just keep repeating.

if u have seen u can convey ... otherwise not.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 28, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »
Udai,
May be it is not the moon that you are seeing but only its imperfect  reflection!you go about talking about it!What then?Y
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2012, 05:24:22 PM »
:) Well ... if u see u will know.
no may bes.
if u do not see ... all those may - be.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
Udai,
How do you know that you are seeing ?
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »

मुक्ताभिमानी मुक्तो हि बद्धो बद्धाभिमान्यपि।
किवदन्तीह सत्येयं या मतिः सा गतिर्भवेत् ॥१-११॥

If you think you are free you are free. If you think you are bound you are bound. It is rightly said: You become what you think. ॥11॥

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
Udai,
What is freedom?
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #388 on: May 28, 2012, 05:29:52 PM »
:) ITs Rather "Being"

You too are ... only u r misinterpreting that u r not being that and u r something else.

एको द्रष्टासि सर्वस्य मुक्तप्रायोऽसि सर्वदा ।
अयमेव हि ते बन्धो द्रष्टारं पश्यसीतरम् ॥१-७॥

You are the solitary witness of all that is, almost always free. Your only bondage is understanding the seer to be someone else. ॥7॥

---> I am quoting it only for u... i dont need quotes.

srkudai

« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »
Self created ignorance is hard to go.
:)

IF you being Ever Realized think that u r not! imagine how hard it is to see the truth.
if realization is not there and u have to get it ... then probably some way to get it !