Author Topic: Fundamental question about Mind!  (Read 195582 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Fundamental question about Mind!
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »
What do you mean by being?
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »
Dear Raviji,
          :) Come on ... tell me what u want to say.
do u want me to explain what "be" means ? :D

well ... i know u dont need that explanation :) what do u want ?

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »
udai,
Assume that i am someone like Laksmi,the cow.How do you now tell me what 'Being' is?
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »
:) I'll tell u a story.
Sanata kumara was seated in his small hut.
Siva and Parvati were roaming about in sky... ;) as it often happens in our puranas.
and they saw this sanata kumara. Mother said "He is radiating with knowledge, who is he ?"
Siva said "he is a jnani"
Parvati said "Ok! Lets go and meet him"
Siva said "See , he is a jnani ... he wont offer u a seat also. he is just reveling in himself. he does not care who comes and who goes. "
but mother did not agree. she went with siva to him.

Sanata kumara was sewing his shirt. Mother said "I see you radiating and am very pleased. And Siva himself says you are a great jnani. Ask for some boon from me. i am very pleased".

he said "what to ask mother. i have nothing to ask".

she said "no, please ask something"

he said "ok, if you insist, please make sure that when i insert this needle ... from one side of this shirt, it should come out from the other side"

Mother said "What kind of a boon is that ? u r asking something thats anyways going to happen. ask something else"

He said "Mother, i cannot think of anything. ok ... grant that the sun sets and raises every day".

Mother got furious and said "U r very arrogant. Since u do not want a boon. Take this curse. May you become a camel"

and lo! He became a camel.

A copule of years later ... they were passing by and mother said "Lets go and see how Sanata kumara is doing as a  camel". Siva said "Why do u want to disturb him ? He is a jnani , he wont care about anything ". But she insisted and they reached.

Mother asked "So Sanata Kumara how do you feel now ? You have been in camel form for long. so let me make u a human again"

Sanata Kumara says "Mother ! what is the point in becoming a human? This upadhi is super cool :D ... earlier i had to wear a dress etc ... now i do not even have to wear a dress. Earlier i needed to cook food. Now i no more need to cook anything, i can just eat leaves ! So this upadi i really great! Thank you"

:)

My point is ... what stops u from being a Sanata Kumara ? 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »
udai,
No story please.stay on course.Answer my question.Explain what being is.As I said ,assume that I am someone like cow Lakshmi.
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2012, 05:53:37 PM »
u r not cow lakshmi Ravi.
u r Ravi.
Cow lakshmi did not read Gospel of Ramakrishna.
it would not quote the Gospel.
if would not say "Please do not tell this story" .... tell me what i want.

No!

Cow Lakshmi could get from abhinaya pramanam ... do u get that ? The way a Saint lives, the way he moves, the way he looks ... it conveys a total ease. That itself is sufficient for a person who has some level of clarity. But not for all. If i tell u this, u will start to think its about lifestyle. no. its not about lifestyle. its about something else. The Truth is spoken and left unspoken. both ways the truth may be conveyed.

srkudai

« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »
Read that story. its good for u. Also contemplate on it.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2012, 05:58:04 PM »
udai,
So you admit that I am different than cow Laksmi!Whatever happened to the Self that you have realized that seems to have serious limitation in explaining What Being is,seems to be dependant on the listener being a man!Heavily dependent on words! :)
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »
:) Again u r confused.
Vivekam.

Vyavaharika should not be confused from Paramarthika. if u understand that. Otherwise the explanation is ... again in the form of a story. u need vivekam ravi. u r confusing unrealted things, trying to prove something !

Words must be used ... no choice there. r u expecting some miracle ?
what do u expect ? u will go and sit before Ramana and come out Realized ?
Annamalai Swami himself needed lot of words and explanations !! he even read Yoga Vasishta.

And u urself say saints speak differently to different people !! LOL ! atleast to that u should have some commitment.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
udai,
I know you will come up with this vyavaharika sat idea.My question is different.You are unable to explain Being to someone who does not understand words;Say that I am deaf and dumb.What then?
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #400 on: May 28, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
Dear Ravi,
       :) No one. Not Even Ramana ... could do that.
Otherwise ... why did u need Gospel of Ramana ?
u should have rather ... just understood !!

Words are a must. i never said worldlessly u can explain. wherever u got that idea from. However if the student is very advanced, he may learn from silence & vision. it depends on student's capabilities.

all stories that Ramana miraculously did it are ur imaginations and people's imaginations.

srkudai

« Reply #401 on: May 28, 2012, 06:13:58 PM »
otherwise why did krishna teach arjuna BG ?
why did he not sit in silence?
its silly to even think of.
A buddha had to walk all over to teach ! not to remain in silence.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 28, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »
udai,
You have reached your limit now!You are now foisting it on Ramana and saying it is not possible for him or anyone else. :)
First admit that you are dependent on words and ideas.Is Being anything to do with any idea?
Namaskar.

srkudai

« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2012, 06:20:31 PM »
my question is simple ...
why did Krishna teach BG ?
why not simply remain ?

I did not "Foist" anything ! dont imagine up things.
I added If the student is very advanced .... plz read that part as well.

srkudai

« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2012, 06:21:47 PM »
" Hey u r realized? So can u take breath through nose and eat through eyes ?"
No!!
Hey dont tell me ... then u r not realized !! :) u r dependent on mouth for eating and nose for breathing !